Wednesday 17 February 2016

Virgin 777 diverts to Brisbane after bomb scare

I was at my office desk working when I heard a very loud aircraft fly over our roof and as it was 3.50pm I thought "I wonder what that was because nothing that big was expected around that time".
I quickly jumped on the radar and noticed a Virgin 777 had diverted to Brisbane
The Virgin Australia B777 which was suppose to go from Sydney to Los Angeles had diverted to Brisbane due to a security threat.

VA1 a B777-3ZG ER VH-VPD (CN 37938), which left Sydney just before midday diverted to Brisbane three hours into the flight and landed safely this afternoon just before 3.55pm.
A Virgin spokesperson said a bomb threat had been called in and the airline made the decision to turn the plane around.
The Australian Federal Police had ascertained the threat was a hoax.
The aircraft is due to leave Brisbane at 10pm local time tonight.








No comments:

Post a Comment