Monday, 27 July 2026

A day trip to Melbourne airport

As mentioned in yesterday's blog, on Friday I took a day trip to Melbourne, leaving early in the morning and returning late in the evening. Below are photos from my journey down which I wanted to share with you all. 
The airline I was flying with was Jetstar, JQ565, the aircraft was a 17-year-old Airbus A321-231, VH-VWU (MSN 3948). Departure time was 7.10 am and we pushed back almost on time, at 7.15. 
At 7.20 we taxied out for an Alpha 3 departure on runway 19L. Approaching the holding point, we were given a turn and burn, getting airborne at 7.26. Our track took us down over Jimboomba, Tenterfield, and down to Bendigo before banking hard left and then positioning for a runway 27 arrival. The trip down was mostly bumpy, swapping from light to moderate turbulence. I could feel we changed altitude midflight, and after checking later, we went from 280 to 260.
I’ll be posting all the photos from Friday tomorrow, so it would be great if you could check back then.

(These photos were taken on a little pocket camera, a Canon Power Shot SX740)

TAXI WAY ALPHA

JETSTAR AIRBUS A321-251NX VH-OYD (MSN 11797)
JQ800 OFF TO ADELAIDE (ADL) 2 YEARS

QANTASLINK EMBRAER E190AR VH-UZH (MSN 19000183)
QLK1833 ARRIVING FROM MACKAY (MKY) 18 YEARS

BRISBANE TOWER





CATHAY PACIFIC BOEING 747-867F B-LJL (MSN 43536)
TUESDAYS DEPARTURE STILL WAITING FOR PARTS

GATEWAY (TOLL) BRIDGE AND BRISBANE RIVER

BRISBANE CITY

ARCHERFIELD AIRPORT



RUNWAY 34 MELBOURNE

QATAR BOEING 777-3DZ A7-BAM (MSN 38245)


ROYAL BRUNEI BOEING 787-8 V8-DLB (MSN 34786)

LATAM AIRLINES BOEING 787-9 CC-BGA (MSN 35317)

QANTAS FREIGHT AIRBUS A321-231 VH-XF4 (MSN 1695)

UNITED AIRLINES BOEING 787-9 N24993 (MSN 38269)
UA99 OFF TO LOS ANGELES (LAX) 1 YEAR



No comments:

Post a Comment