Wednesday 28 October 2015

Rockhampton and Exercise Wallaby

This morning I woke in Emerald and I love being there early in the morning as most of the aircraft coming in from Asia use Emerald (EMB / YEML) as a way point and you get some nice con trails.



















After a few calls it was time to hit the road for the 3 hour drive to Rockhampton.
When I arrived I called on one of my clients and all of a sudden we heard this almighty roar.. Not one or two but more like four times. I knew they were the F16's that have been buzzing Rockhampton the last week or so.
After I did my calls I headed out to the airport, but of course there was nothing moving.... Not even the birds. I could see a few Singapore F16's sitting on the Tarmac further up but all quiet.
We had a couple of movements but then I decided I would go looking....


STERLING HELICOPTERS BELL UH-1H VH-OXE (CN 67-17187)

BRITTEN-NORMAN BN2A-20 VH-CWG (CN 188)

PIPER PA-23-250 VH-YUA (CN  27-7854136)

ROYAL FLYING DOCTORS BEECH CRAFT B200
VH-FDR (CN BB-1881)

VIRGIN AUSTRALIA ATR-72 VH-FVX (CN 986)





















I decided to stick around and my patience paid off; as soon as the sun went down out came the Singapore F16's; they are here for exercise Wallaby. 















No comments:

Post a Comment