Saturday 25 January 2020

Flight Simulator

As mentioned in the previous post I was given a flight simulator experience by my daughter for Father's Day last year and today I cashed in on the experience. Having a lung disease has stopped me from for filling my lifetime dream of being a pilot, so this simulator experience is the closest thing to for filling that dream.
.








As soon as I arrived, Joe, my trainer and co-pilot made me feel welcome and relaxed. Joe took me into a briefing room where we chatted for a bit and he took me through the features and benefits of the Boeing 737 and what to expect, after that I watched a 10 minute video.
I could have chosen any airport from 24,000 airports worldwide but I chose Sydney.













Once seated in the captains seat, and after another short brief, the instruments came to life and the reality set in. The simulator is so life like and the graphics are amazing. Joe talked me through everything and I had control from start to finish.. I taxied out, we lined up and then departed. We did a short circuit before coming in for a touch and go and then we performed another circuit before coming in for a full stop landing. Just for a short time I got a real feeling of what it would be like to be a pilot.
I absolutely loved it and I seriously recommend this experience for anyone..
Thanks goes out to my daughter for this amazing experience.









https://brisbane.flightexperience.com.au/pages/737-simulator-flights


No comments:

Post a Comment