Sunday 18 April 2021

Four aircraft flying formation joy flight

Yesterday I was invited to come along on a formation joy flight so this morning I left home at 6.15 am and made my way to Caboolture Airfield (IATA: CA3 / ICAO: YCAB), some 80 kms north from my home. I arrived there one hour later. The formation flight was due to go around 8am but as the aviation world goes, things didn't go to plan. We ended up getting airborne at 11.25 am. This gave me time to take photos of other aircraft using the airfield, and to my surprise Caboolture Airfield is a lot busier than I expected. Those photos will follow this post.

Paul, the owner of the business along with the other pilots, Greg, Kane and Jim take the formation flying extremely serious and there were a lot of pacing out, measuring out and brief meetings before take off. 



TECNAM P92-S ECHO 24-3789 (MSN 495)


TECNAM P92 ECHO 24-4410 (MSN 914)


CESSNA 172M VH-WXX (MSN 17267073)

DECATHLON 8KCAB VH-JIR (MSN 528-79)
















I want to thank my friend Phil for inviting me along, Greg my pilot taking me up and most importantly Paul Strike, the owner of the business for letting me come along.

No comments:

Post a Comment