Wednesday 8 February 2017

Brisbane - Melbourne Flight (February Trip)



















QANTAS B737-838 VH-VXN (CN 33


















With our office in Melbourne now well and truly underway and with a new rep started on Monday I headed off to Melbourne for a few days to meet with potential new customers and to assist the new rep. My flight was at 5am so I set my alarm for 3.30am. I don't know why I bother because I saw 1.30 and 2.45. At 3.00 am I decided to give in and get up. I got to the airport at 3.40 and headed to the Qantas Club. I had my usual muesli and orange juice, at 4.30 I headed to gate 21 where our Boeing 737-838 was waiting. Boarding began on time at 4.40 and in turn I took my seat which was 9F.


QANTAS B737-838 VH-VXR (CN 33724)


















For a 5am flight the flight was surprisingly quite full, the cabin door was closed at 4.55 and we pushed back at 4.56am. We began taxiing at 4.58am, we headed out for the full lenght of runway 19.
We had a rolling start and got airborne at 5.04 am, after getting airborne we made the usual left and right turns before setting course for Melbourne.

BRISBANE CITY



















Our track took us south to the east of Stanthorpe and Inverell; over Gunnedah and Parkes and on into Melbourne. We climbed to flt lvl 380 and the ride was extremely smooth all the way.


MELBOURNE AIRPORT

MELBOURNE LOOKING OUT TO THE WEST

MELBOURNE LOOKING OUT TO THE NORTH


We began our descent into Melbourne at 6.43am and landed on runway 27 (their east west runway) at 7.04am. Due to daylight savings we had to add an extra hour making our offical arrival time of 8.04am.

MELBOURNE TOWERS







No comments:

Post a Comment