Friday, 16 December 2016

Sydney - Brisbane Flight (Demember Trip)

I normally fly back to Brisbane late on a Thursday afternoon because of regular ongoing commitments every Friday; but because we had our Christmas party for the Sydney branch last night I stayed on. So having an 8.30am flight out of Sydney I got up at 4.30am, not knowing what to expect as far as Sydney traffic, left the motel at 5.30 and with my manager in tow we headed to the airport.
We got to the airport at 6.45 (an hour and fifteen on what is normally thirty five minutes) and headed to the Qantas lounge for breakfast, after a bite to eat we headed down to the Qantas Museum for a look but unfortunately it was closed.
I love taking photos of aircraft as you know but today everything was against me; the weather was bad; the lighting inside the lounge was reflecting on the glass really badly and there were poles everywhere. Below are a few of the many photos I took that are kind of reasonable. (the rest got dumped)

THAI B747-4D7 HS-TGO (CN 26609)

THAI B747-4D7 HS-TGA (CN 32369)

EMIRATES A380-861 A6-EOH  (CN 074)

CATHAY A330-343 B-LAQ (CN 1349)

SINGAPORE A380-841 9V-SKI (CN 034)

At 8am we headed to gate two where our Qantas aircraft was waiting, it was the usual 737-838 and this time the aircraft was VH-VZO (with the prostate cancer blue ribbon on the side).

QANTAS B737-838 VH-VZO (CN 34191)

We began boarding at 8.04 I was in 17E and my manager was in 17F
Our departure time was 8.30 but due to paper work getting lost we pushed back at 8.41 and started taxing at 8.44.  We taxied out for runway 16L and became airborne at 8.56am.
Although it was raining and visibility was low the climb out was smooth. After departure to the south we had a long slow bank to the left and headed north; our track took us east of Newcastle then west of Grafton. Over the Gold Coast we banked left and headed inland to Archerfield before landing on runway 01 at 10.05am. Due to Queensland not having daylight savings we had to turn the time back 1 hour making our arrival 9.05am.
Being the National Sales Manager I now have to go back to Sydney on Monday for the day to attend a business meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment