Friday 13 March 2015

Rockhampton - Brisbane Flight

After another long hard week it was time to go home, and I was looking forward to it. Being a Silver member of Qantas I get to jump the queue on check in, and it does feel good when you turn up at the airport and there is a l-o-n-g queue waiting to check in and I walk up to the priority check in counter and get checked in immediately.
For this flight I was in 29A, the very last row of this Q400 Dash 8 flight. Luckily I am a tall and thin man because the seats are not big in this aircraft, but this afternoon on the way home I had this big big man sitting next to me, and for the next hour and twenty I was really squashed in my corner.
We boarded through gate two and had a short walk across the tarmac to our aircraft, VH-QOR. We all seem to board quickly which surprised me because the aircraft was full, then at 3.23 we taxied out for a runway 15 departure.


















We taxied out past the control towers, the short one is the old one and the tall one is the newest one. We lined up immediately and at 3.26 we were airborne. We climbed to flight level 210 and as it was a little bumpy we climbed to 220. Approaching Brisbane we were put in a 10 minute holding pattern at a place called Kingaroy, after completing one large circuit we continued in and landed on runway 19 at exactly 4.39pm... Another flight done and dusted!!



No comments:

Post a Comment