Monday 3 July 2017

Brisbane - Melbourne Flight (July Trip)

Due to time off work because of sickness and a heavy work load I hadn't been to Melbourne for a few months, so it was time to get down there.
I decided to get the 7am flight instead of the normal 6am flight giving me an extra hour in bed.
Boarding time for my Qantas flight 609 was at 6.40am so at 5.00am I made my way to the airport arriving there at 5.35am. After clearing security and, once again getting swabbed for explosives, I made my way up to the Qantas club for breakfast. Here in Brisbane Qantas Club members, along with Gold and Platinum Frequent Flyers members, have their own personal access to the lounge. We go through sliding glass doors where you can check your luggage in; check in for your seat (if you haven't done so already) and then go through security. After that you go up some escalators and your inside the Qantas club.
After a relaxed breakfast I made my way to my gate a little bit earlier so I can get  few photos along the way.


QANTAS B737-838 VH-VZE (CN 34199)

QANTASLINK B717-200 VH-NXJ (CN 55166)

QANTASLINK DASH 8 Q 402 VH-QOX (CN 4287)

QANTAS A330-202 VH-EBC (CN 0506)


















































Arriving at gate 17 I could see our Boeing 737-838 was patiently waiting after resting there all night. The aircraft for today's flight was VH-VZR (CN 34193), we began boarding at 6.34am and I took my seat in turn which was 12F. Even though 12F its right above the engine I don't mind as you can still see out without having a huge wing in the way.
The last cabin door was closed at 6.53 and we pushed back at 6.54, we began taxing at 6.57 and headed out for the Alpha three holding point as runway 19 was in use.


QANTAS B737-838 VH-VXS (CN 33725)

QANTAS B737-838 VH-VZO (CN 34191)
































After holding short for a few minutes to allow for the landing Emirates A380 we taxied out onto the runway. 

TAXI WAY ALPHA

EMIRATES A380-861 A6-EDE (CN 017)
































We waited for the wake turbulence to dissipate and then starting rolling getting airborne at 7.04am.





BRISBANE CITY

ARCHERFIELD AIRPORT














































After the usual bank left and the right on departure we maintained that heading for a short while. Climbing to 380 our track took us down over Laravale (a way point south west of Beaudesert) where we banked right once again and maintained that heading for the next 2 hours.
Our track took us west of Glen Innes and over Gunnedah and onto Shepparton. The flight was very smooth and comfortable. This flight was 2 hours 15 minutes so I watch a movie called "The Accountant" This movie, although having a lot of violence, was very good, it had suspense and drama. The main roles were played by Ben Affleck and Anna Kendrick.
We began our descent at 8.44am and after flying past the airport for a few minutes we turned 180 deg and landed from the south on runway 34 in Melbourne at 9.12am.
I choose an F seat especially so I could get photos of aircraft on the ground here in Melbourne.



SHANGHAI AIRLINES A330-243 B-5931 (CN 1440)

UNITED B787-9 N27958 (CN 36406)


MALAYSIA A330-323 9M-MTG (CN 1318)

EMIRATES A380-861 A6-EOO (CN 190)

















No comments:

Post a Comment