Tuesday 23 May 2017

Brisbane - Sydney Flight (May Trip)

The months seem to fly by very quickly as it only seems like yesterday I was heading off to Sydney. My flight today was at 6.30 am so I headed to the airport arriving there around 5.30 am.
I went through security, and as always, I got swabbed for explosives. Clearing security I headed to the Qantas Club for breakfast, having my usual bircher muesli and a glass of orange juice.
I then started making my way to gate 22, stopping along the way for a few quick early morning photos.


QANTAS B737-838 VH-VXP (CN 33722)

QANTAS LINK DASH 8 Q400 VH-LQD (CN 4371) 


We began boarding our Boeing 737-838 at 6.06 am and I took my seat which was 9F. The aircraft today was VH-VXP (CN 33722) and this is the first time I have been on this aircraft since logging my flights over two years ago. I had a very large lady sitting next to me in the middle seat and although she was really nice and apologised for squashing me, I had a very uncomfortable flight down as far as seating goes. My back was hurting by the time we landed.
The cabin doors were closed at 6.26 and we pushed back at 6.27 am. We taxied out for runway 19 at 6.31 and we lined up on runway 19 pretty much straight away.


QANTAS B737-838 VH-VZW (CN 39359)

JETSTAR A320-232 VH-XSJ (CN 5482)


TAXIWAY ALPHA

VIRGIN AUSTRALIA B737-8FE VH-VOS (CN 33800)

















Due to the previous Jetstar A320 departing before us, we sat on the runway for around 2 minutes. 
We got airborne at 6.36 am and after take off did the usual left and right banks before setting course for Sydney.


BRISBANE INTERNATIONAL

BRISBANE CITY



















We climbed to flight Level 380 and the ride was really smooth. Flying time for today was 1 hour 18 minutes so I didn't watch a movie; I watched a few episodes of Two Broke Girls. Our track took us down over Glen Innes and east of Armidale, abeam Singleton, at 7.23 we began our descent. We banked left and headed south over flying the city of Sydney before heading out over the ocean.

OPERA HOUSE AND BRIDGE

SYDNEY CITY


SYDNEY AIRPORT

















We tracked south for about 8 minutes before banking to the right and coming back in to land on runway 34R. We landed in Sydney at 7.58 am.

QANTASLINK B717-200 VH-YQW (CN 55914)








No comments:

Post a Comment