Wednesday 26 April 2017

Brisbane - Sydney Flight (April Trip)

It was time to head back down to Sydney for a few days and since I had a 6.30am flight I set my alarm for 4.30am, I can tell you since daylight savings had finished in the southern states I didn't have to get up at 3.30am and it was sensational sleeping in for the extra hour.
I got to the airport just after 5.15am and going through security my little on board suit case was pulled to one side and I was asked to open it. I carry a little hand held aircraft scanner with me when ever I go away and the security x-ray machine picked up my aerial. Satisfied the officer let me continue on.
After breakfast in the Qantas Club I headed to gate 19 where my Qantas flight 503 was patiently waiting. As usual I stopped to take a few photos along the way.
I usally take my Cannon EOS 750D with me on board but this time I thought I would try a smaller non intrusive hand held Panasonic DMC-TZ57.




QANTAS B737-838 VH-VXA (CN 29551)


CORPORATE AIR SAAB 340 VH-VEO (CN 366)
































Boarding time was 6.10 but due to a full flight boarding began at 6.02am. In turn I boarded the Boeing 737-838 and I took my seat in 23F. I noticed above the door frame the registration plate and I was on VH-XZO (CN 44576). The cabin door was closed at 6.34 and we pushed back a minute later at 6.35am. We began taxiing out for runway 01 at 6.39am.





EMIRATES A380-861 A6-EET (CN 142)































We were stopped at the holding point for only about 20 seconds before lining up and rolling. Taking off to the north we got airborne at 6.45 and shortly after take off we banked slightly to the right flying over the port of Brisbane for a long slow right hand bank, we then flew south abeam the airport and set course for Sydney.





SIR LEO HIELSCHER BRIDGES (known as the Gateway Bridge)

BRISBANE CITY

ARCHERFIELD AIRPORT





























































As soon as I sat down I checked the movies that were available that were around 1 hour 15- 1 hour 20 long. I found "Red Dog True Blue" 1 hour 18 minutes and apart from the constant in flight interruptions from the flight crew the movie finished a few minutes before touch down.  I really enjoyed the movie and if you love dogs (or just animals) you will enjoy this movie..
We climbed to flight level 380 and our track took us down to the west of Glenn Innes and to the east of Armidale / Tamwoth. We began our descent at 7.38am and after over flying the city's famous Harbour Bridge and Opera House we landed on runway 34R at 8.02am.


SYDNEY HARBOUR BRIDGE AND OPERA HOUSE

SYDNEY CITY

SYDNEY AIRPORT RUNWAY 27 / 09

THAI B747-438 HS-TGW (CN 27724)

QANTAS B747-438 VH-OEE (CN 32909)














































































The flight down was extremly smooth and comfortable.







No comments:

Post a Comment