Sunday 20 November 2016

Joy Flight over Brisbane

Earlier in the day we had a Singapore A380 over fly Brisbane on its way from Auckland to Singapore. The exciting thing about this is; it was 9V-SKI in the 50th livery which I was quite pleased with as this was my first time sighting this aircraft.

SINGAPORE A380-841 9V-SKI (CN 034)
















Then at 5pm I headed off to our local light aircraft airport, Archerfield, because at 6.00pm I was going on a 30 minute joy flight around Brisbane with a small group of people. One couple were celebrating a wedding anniversary and the other lady was celebrating a divorce... go figure, and me; well I was just very excited to be there. I got there around 5.10 and knowing Archerfield was a way point for arriving aircraft into Brisbane; I did some plane spotting while I waited.


QANTAS B737-838 VH-VZL (CN 34194)

ETIHAD B787-9 A6-BLE (CN 39650)


QANTAS A 330-202 VH-EBM (CN 1061)

QANTAS B737-838 VH-VYI  (CN 34181)

ALLIANCE F28 MRK 70 VH-JFE (CN 11545)






























































After a few photos with the aircraft and pilot; Our pilot, James, gave us a serious briefing on the aircraft and safety features. Once completed and we were all strapped in with headphones on we taxied out for runway 10 L.


















We got airborne just after 6.15pm and headed north towards the City. We played around with our altitude hovering between 1,500 feet and 2,500 feet. We made a few circuits around Mount Coot-tha and then flew over a local reservoir. Before to long it was time to head back to Archerfield landing on 10L at 6.38pm.

COOPERS PLAINS

BRISBANE RIVER

BRISBANE CITY


SUN SET

MOUNT COOT-THA TV TOWERS

INDOOROOPILLY BRIDGE



















After the flight we had a lovely dinner with prawns, chicken and salad. There were crackers and dip and of course a lovely cold beer or wine.


When I got home my wife presented me with this;
this is the flight path we took







No comments:

Post a Comment