Tuesday 15 November 2016

Brisbane to Sydney (November Trip)

Yet another month has flown by and it won't be long before the fat man will be here and we will all be singing Auld Lange Syne.
I once again find myself at the airport at 4.30 AM... My Qantas flight 503 departs at 5.20 and boarding time is 5am, so I left home at 3.45 and arrived here at 4.20am.



















After clearing security, and yet again getting swabbed for explosives, I made my way up to the Qantas club in time for a quick coffee and a light breakfast.
I headed to gate 21 at 4.55 stopping to grab a quick photo on the way 

QANTAS B737-838 VH-VZB (CN 34196)

















As soon as I got to the gate we began boarding, the aircraft was the usual B737-838 and this time I was on VH-VYG (CN 33995) and I took my seat which was 7F.
We pushed back at 5.22am and started taxiing at 5.25, because it was before 6am curfew runway 01 was in use for departures and runway 19 for arrivals.

ALLIANCE F28 MK70 VH-JFB (CN 11521)

VIRGIN AUSTRALIA B737-8FE'S AND AN ATR 72































We taxied out for 01 and had a rolling start becoming airborne at 5.30.
After climb out we banked slowly to the right and flew back abeam the airport. I quickly discovered the outside window had many scratches on it making clear photos impossible.

BRISBANE AIRPORT

BRISBANE CITY

ARCHERFIELD AIRPORT
















































We climbed to flight level 380 and the flight was very smooth at first but then as we climbed pass 200 I'm guessing it became very rough and bumpy. The flight smoothed out for a while but on descent it became very rough and uncomfortable. I have had many many flights but this made me feel sick in the stomach for a few hours.
We began our descent at 6.15am and landed on runway 16L in Sydney at 6.40, due to daylight savings we had to put the time forward on hour making our arrival 7.40am

















We taxied past the Myjet Asia B737-7KK which I was pleased about since I missed this in Brisbane 


MYJET ASIA B737-7KK VP-CAM (CN38608)

We had a very long slow taxi in stopping a few times and arriving at gate 1 at 8.04am.

No comments:

Post a Comment