Wednesday 21 September 2016

Brisbane to Alice Springs




Today I headed back to the airport again but this time with a little bit of excitment in the air as I was off to Alice Springs in the Northern Territory for a three day conference. Alice Springs was a city I used to call on four times a year in my last job but I havent been there for almost 12 months so I am looking forward to getting back to this amazing little country town in the middle of no where.
My Qantaslink flight wasn't until 8.30am but I arrived at the airport just after 7am and after checking in my luggage I headed up to the Qantas Club for breakfast where I met a small group of people I knew heading out on this flight as well.
At 8.05am we headed down to gate 29 where our B717-2BL was waiting; the aircraft for today was VH-NXM (CN 55094) and I was 1A. In most aircraft 1A means business class but not on this baby; she is one class all the way down the line.
We pushed back at right on 8.30 and began taxiing at 8.33; we taxiied out for a runway 01 departure.
We taxied straight out onto the runway for a rolling start and we got airborne at 8.38am, we maintained runway heading for around 3 mins before making a slow long right hand turn, flying back over the airport and then setting course for Alice Springs. We climbed to flight level 330 and our track took us out over Dalby, Roma and Bedourie. The climb out was slightly uncomfortable but once we cleared the low cloud the flight was smooth and comfortable. We began our our descent into Alice Springs at 11.28 and  after flying abeam the airport we landed on runway 12 at 11.46. 


THE RED DIRT CAN BE SEEN FOR HUNDREDS OF MILES


ALICE SPRINGS AIRPORT


TURNING FINAL FOR RUNWAY 12 ALICE



After landing we had to wind the time back 30 minutes due to the time differnce..

No comments:

Post a Comment