Sunday 11 September 2016

911 Attacks -15 years on


On the 11th September 2001 the world as we knew it changed forever.
What happened on September 11th (or 911 as it is known in the states) has touched everyone deeply.
My wife had just given birth to our first daughter and we had a radio on in the nursery non stop. Our baby was crying so I went in to check on her. The radio was talking about a plane that had crashed into the World Trade Centre, so I starting listening to the radio in more detail. I then woke my wife and not long after that we turned on the TV and watch in horror as the second plane flew directly into the other tower. Between the tears, shock and the heartache there were fits of anger and questions why...
America, like the rest of the world, our thoughts are with you and with everyone involved.
Everyone on United flights 93 and 175 and American 11 and 77, everyone in the World Trade Centres and the first response team..
I think the below quote from George W Bush says exactly what I want to say.
.


I know this still effects me in a small way as I have goose bumps and a lump in my throat writing this.
GOD  BLESS  AMERICA,  OUR  THOUGHTS  ARE  WITH  YOU...

No comments:

Post a Comment