Tuesday 1 December 2015

Cairns and Mareeba

I came to Cairns on Monday especially for the inaugural flight of Philippine Airlines which was supposed to be today and I was booked on a flight home this afternoon. It wasn't until very late last night as I checked my emails when a friend informed me the Philippine flight has been postponed until Thursday. After many discussions with the friends I am staying with and my wife the decision was made, I am here I may as well stay for it. So this morning I came back out to the Cairns airport, some what deflated, knowing there was nothing special coming in today i.e. Silk Air, Air New Zealand etc.

ALLIANCE F28 MK 100 VH-XWT (CN 11338)

MAULE MX-7-180 VH-JMA (CN 11051C)

CESSNA 182 VH-LNQ (CN 18268275)
QANTAS B 737-838 VH XZP (CN 44577)



TIGERAIR A320-232 VH-VNH (CN 3734)

QANTAS LINK DASH 8 Q400 VH-LQK (CN 4415)


























After 90 minutes of watching exactly the same aircraft that were in yesterday come back, boredom over took me quickly. Watching the fire fighters train as they go through their paces was exciting for a while.





I even upset some ants by putting twigs over their path in the hope they had to go around it.... But they just moved them aside.
Talking of going around we did have a go around while I was there, as a Virgin Australia B737 crept out onto the tarmac to line up the departing Jetstar called "Bird Strike" The approaching Jetstar aborted and commenced his go around procedures while the Virgin Australia just stayed put while ground staff looked for the bird, finding it a few minutes later.

JETSTAR A320-232 VH-VFX (CN 5871)
VIRGIN AUSTRALIA B 737-8FE VH-YIV (CN 40698)
JETSTAR A320-232 VH-VFY (CN 6362) IN A GO ROUND



JETSTAR A320-232 VH-VFY (CN 6362)
I decided enough is enough so I went for a 65 kilometre drive to a place called Mareeba. I have always wanted to visit this place so today I did.








I found the airport and had a pretty good look around (from outside the fence)









THESE ARE TERMIT MOUNDS AND THEY ARE FOUND
EVERYWHERE AROUND AUSTRALIA

No comments:

Post a Comment