Friday 24 July 2015

Townsville to Brisbane Flight

I had one call to make this morning and that was with my biggest customer in Townsville; 3 hours later I was all done for the week; so after filling up the hire car with fuel I headed to the airport. On the way I couldn't help myself getting this image of the Chinook helicopters all lined up.
















After checking in and clearing security I headed to the café to buy some lunch. I then proceeded upstairs to the departure lounge where I had my lunch and watched the runway for movements.
I apologise for tinted colour images as these; apart from the below Alliance; were all taken inside the terminal behind tinted windows.

ALLIANCE F28-100 VH-FKJ (CN 11327)

ROYAL AUSTRALIAN AIR FORCE C 17 GLOBEMASTER

A41-208 (CN F-183)


REX (REGIONAL EXPRESS) SAAB 340B VH-ZLJ (CN 340B380)

PEL AIR (REX GROUP) SAAB 340A VH-EKT (CN 085















QANTAS B737-838 VH-VXM (CN 33483)












































Time had come when my QANTAS aircraft (above) was ready for boarding; so I headed down to gate 3; the aircraft today was VH-VXM and my seat was 5F. We started boarding at 2.08 pm and at we pushed back at 2.27 pm. We commenced taxiing three minutes later at 2.30 and taxied out for runway 01 Townsville; we held at the hold bar for around 30 seconds before lining up for take off. We were airborne at 2.34 pm after a few slow right hand turns headed south for Brisbane climbing to flt lvl 370.  We were informed by the captain that we would be landing on the smaller runway in Brisbane and that we would have a long taxi to the gate; this got me a little excited has I have never ever landed on runway 14/32 before. But it turns out that didn't take place as we landed on 01.

RUNWAY 01 IN TOWNSVILLE


















The flight; like most flights I take; was very smooth and comfortable; we began our descent at 3.39pm and we flew abeam the city before landing on runway 01 in Brisbane at 4.03pm.

BRISBANE CITY

















Due to another aircraft on our bay we had to hold on a taxiway for 14 mins arriving at gate 21 at 4.17pm

QANTAS B737-838 VH-XZP (CN 44577)

















As I was getting off the aircraft I was talking to the captain and I mentioned the shorter runway option and was told ATC changed their plans. I was then invited into the cockpit where I was told I could take a seat it I liked; we then sat there for a few minutes talking plane talk and me living the life I only dream about..





 

No comments:

Post a Comment