Wednesday 6 May 2015

Bundaberg Airport

Monday Morning after setting up in Gladstone I had a few hours of my own, and as many headed back to the motel for a rest, I went sight seeing. I was told about this lookout that over looks Gladstone and the airport, so I went off in search for this place.
I was there about 20 mins when I got the first of two arrivals.
QANTAS LINK DASH 8 Q400 VH-QOM (CN 4217)

VIRGIN AUSTRALIA ATR 72-212A VH-FVM (CN 979)

VIRGIN ATR LANDING ON RUNWAY 10 GLADSTONE

The next morning I headed south for two hours twenty mins to a place called Bundaberg, after setting up for that afternoon / evenings trade show I had a few hours spare so I did a run to the local airport. Unfortunately there wasn't much happening in the time I was there.
Bundaberg Airport (IATA: BDB, ICAO: YBUD) is a regional airport serving Bundaberg and the local area. Bundaberg is located 365 klm's (226 mile) north of Brisbane and the airport is located 4.6 klm's (2.9 miles) southwest of the city centre. The airport is owned and operated by the Bundaberg Regional Council. The airport is 33 metres (107 feet) above sea level, it has two runways; 14 / 32 which is the main runway and it has an asphalt surface. It is 2,000 metres (6,562 feet) long and  07 / 25 which is also has an asphalt surface and it is 1,128 metres (3,701 feet) long.
This airport also does not have a control tower so pilots are required to communicate via a Common Traffic Advisory Frequency (CTAF) to safely co-ordinate arrivals and departures.

VIRGIN AUSTRALIA ATR 72-212A VH-FVU (CN 978)

VIRGIN HEADING UP FOR A RUNWAY 14 DEPARTURE

BEECH A36 VH-KCI (CN E-1887)

KCI HEADING OFF TO TOWNSVILLE

QANTAS LINK DASH 8 Q400 VH-QOD (CN 4123)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment