Monday 25 May 2015

Brisbane - Alice Springs (via Sydney)

Time goes by very quickly and it I couldn't believe it was time to head off to Alice Springs and Darwin again
There are no week day flights from Brisbane to Alice Springs so I have to go via Sydney.
My flight to Sydney was leaving at 7am so I headed off from home at 5.30am.
After checking in I headed up to gate 20 where Flight QF 505 a Boeing 737-800 with the rego VH-VYF (CN 33994) was  patiently waiting. I had a bit of time so I took a few shots of the local aircraft.

QANTAS B737-800 VH-VYH (CN 34180)

TAIL SHOTS OF THE QANTAS FLEET



























                                                              We boarded at 6.40 and I took my allocated seat which was 7F. We pushed back at 6.58 and taxied out for a RWY 19 departure, and we got airborne at exactly 7.06, being on the right side of the aircraft gave me a great view of the aircraft parked at our international terminal.

EMIRATES A380-861 A6-EEG (CN 116)
SPORTING THE "VISIT ENGLAND 2015" LIVERY
















                         Then as we set course for Sydney we flew past our light aircraft airport Archerfield.












                                               The flight down was very smooth and comfortable and we climbed to 380; and for the first time I saw 4 aircraft in the air; two were off in the distance but two passed us 1,000 feet below very close. Close enough to see one was a Qantas 737 and the other was a Jetstar A320.
We continued on to Sydney and as we approached the airport from the north we banked left and over flew the "world famous" Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House. 
















                                        We flew down wind of the airport before making a 180 and landing on 34R at 8.23am. We taxied to gate 13 arriving there 9 minutes later at 8.32.
I had an hour and a half in Sydney before heading off again this time on QF 790; so I found a spot where I could grab so me photos. Unfortunately there were no international movements at all.




       
                                                                                                               My next flight was leaving from gate 3 and the aircraft was again a Boeing 737-800 and the rego was VH-VZE (CN 34199). We boarded at 9.30am and this time I was in 6A; we pushed back at 9.49 and taxied out for 34L. We lined up from alpha 6 and rolled at 10.06; we made a few left hand turns; climbed to 340 and set course for the Alice.
Again I was sitting on the right side of the aircraft to get some photos of aircraft parked at the international bay.
 
SYDNEY AIRPORT TOWER
 
CROSSING THE MAIN RUNWAY 34L / 16R
 
PLAYING FOLLOW THE LEADER WITH A QANTAS A330
 
LINING UP ON 34L
 




















                         After a few turns we set course for Alice Springs; we climbed to flt lvl 340 and the flight was smooth all the way. We touched down on runway 12 in Alice at 12,38 local (we loose 30 mins) and taxied to gate 3. I notice the 6 Qantas 767's and the Our Airline 737 were still there but the all the  'Singapore' Tiger Air A319'S and the A320's have gone.






No comments:

Post a Comment