Tuesday 10 March 2015

Flight from Brisbane to Emerald

Today I was off to Emerald for the night then into Rockhampton for two nights returning home on Friday. My flight was a littler later than normal, this time the departure was at 9.40am so I made it to the airport in plenty of time. Knowing that the daily Emirates flight leaves at 8.20 I made sure I was there for that. I parked my car in the usual place, the 9th floor of the airport car park. There I saw Emirates had pushed back and Korean Air was taxiing out. My luck was running well this morning as instead of having to wait for them to taxi up past me to the runway 19 holding point, which was about another 10 mins for both of them, there was a runway change. So both Korean Air and Emirates both had a rolling start off 01. Here are a few shots I took from the car park.

FAR QANTAS IS VH-VZY CLOSEST ONE IS VH-XZK
 
KOREAN AIR A330-323 HL-8003 (CN 1590)
ROTATING OF 01
 
EMIRATES A380-861 A6-EEG (CN 116)

OFF TO AUCKLAND AS EK 434

After getting these departures and felling quite happy with myself I headed off to the terminal.
After checking in and getting my boarding pass, I went through security and headed for gate 2 on the lower deck. The aircraft for this flight was a Bombardier Q400 Dash 8 VH-QOX and I was sitting in 9A. Qantas Link aircraft are usually parked out on an open apron so we need to board a bus to get to the aircraft. We pretty well taxied right on time of 9.40; we taxied out for an Alpha 7 departure. We were 3rd in line so we didn't have to wait long. We lined up on 01 for a few seconds then we were off, we rotated at 9.47 and as the captain explained; due to the high volume of in bound traffic we were going to track west to Dalby, Chinchilla the we will turn right and head for Emerald. We climbed to flight 220 and the flight was very smooth and comfortable.
We started our descent in to Emerald and we passed over the airport itself giving me a great shot of the runway.


 



We then flew over the city of Emerald, made a few long slow left hand  turns and then came back in for a 06 arrival, touching down at 11.08. Once we landed I spoke to a cabin member and asked if I could get a photo of the cockpit, the lady went and asked and the guys were very happy to let me take a few photos. 


INSIDE QANTAS LINK DASH 8 VH-QOX
FLIGHT DECK OF VH-QOX
QANTAS LINK BOMBARDIER Q 400 DASH 8-402 (CN 4287)




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment